Tuesday, October 2, 2007

F****** C**********!

First off, let's get the bad news out of the way...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/071002e.php

Seems like the greatest TV series in the history of moving pictures has come to an untimely close. Let us join the Reverend Smith in a solemn prayer of remembrance for Al, Seth, Cy and the rest...
Thank you.


In other news, I've been running. A lot. As in, almost every day, partly because it's healthy and I generally don't eatwell (a 1am bowl of popcorn just now is a prime example), but also because I've found the most beautiful, quintessentially English path imaginable to run along.










Been doing about four miles per day and actually enjoying it, which is a weird sensation and (shameless self-promotion warning) the topic of the first in what should be a bi or tri-weekly column I'm writing for my old paper, The Vermont Cynic. As of this posting the website hasn't been updated with this week's issue, but check www.vermontcynic.org and poke around later this week, my article will be somewhere around page 4 of the B-Side, I imagine.

When it rains it pours I suppose and The Cynic, after a few weeks of drought, has me doing another piece, this one for their new World Music review. Apparently Indian Bhangra music is big in the U.K. right now, so I have to profile it with history, suggested tracks, etc. Here's a sample:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UJkSQPCQ7J0

Uh, yeah. It's due Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.

Other than The Cynic, real work has started for me too. I spent a decent portion of the last three days in the library/reading about British history and Chaucer, and I already have a presentation on the latter on Thursday. Nothing I can't handle, considering I have class but one day per week, it's just going to be tons of reading. In middle English no less, and ye must knowe it isynt simpele to reade quykly.

In other news, I'm going to be going to Italy with MC in two and a half weeks and I'll be posing nude for the art department at UKC for spare cash. More on these stories as they develop. Until then, I'm going to bed.

No comments: